Position: Senior Lawyer
Practice Area: Commercial and Property Law
Education & Qualifications: Master of Laws (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Laws (University of Queensland), Bachelor of Arts (University of Queensland) and Graduate Certificate in Project Management (University of South Australia).
Professional Memberships: Law Institute of Victoria, a Certificated Member of the Governance Institute of Australia and a member of the Association of Corporate Counsel, Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association and Applied Property Development Institute.
Stuart was admitted as a solicitor in January 2000 and gained broad experience in property, business, corporate and finance matters under the tutelage of several accredited specialists in private practice for over 10 years. He then transitioned to a position as in-house counsel and board advisor for an financial and property investment business, where he also acted as the development manager of several property projects and served as a member of the executive strategy team and company secretary.
His areas of practice are primarily:
- Property development advice
- Contract advice (of various types including asset sales and acquisitions, partnerships and ventures and other property and business-related activities)
- Business transactions
- Advice on funding and finance activities
- Corporate transactions including share issues, transfers and buybacks.
- Corporate governance, board processes and directors’ duties.
Stuart has passions for property development as well as travel, and spends the rest of his spare time reading, working on his golf game and sailing.