We act for a large number of commercial clients in a broad range of matters. Our client base includes large companies with international operations through to single traders. We also have substantial experience in assisting overseas businesses and business migrants in setting up business activities in Australia.
As part of the global business environment in which we operate more and more businesses require the services of overseas personnel. In some cases, the needs may be regular and ongoing, and in others it is a ‘one off’ occurrence – such as when an overseas employee is seconded to Australia from an overseas office for professional development training.
Our philosophy when dealing with corporate clients is to determine the level of knowledge they have of immigration processes, and to work with them by providing the extra expertise they require in order to see their matters through to successful completion. This means that each client’s needs are dealt with in a structured way on a case by case basis. At the same time we can identify what other legal services are needed and facilitate the introduction of the client to other specialist solicitors within the practice – for example if it is necessary to provide legal advice regarding wage and salary packages to be paid to Subclass 457 workers.
Typically, the corporate migration services we provide will include:
· Temporary Residence options – Subclass 457 visas.
· Permanent visa options – Employer Nomination Applications – Subclass 186 and 187 visas.
· Establishment of Labour Agreements.
· Business Skills Visa Applications for individual business people wishing to relocate to Australia.
· Training visas / Professional development / Exchange visas.
· Review of decisions.
· Monitoring representation and advice.
· General advice in relation to Department of Immigration and Citizenship policies and procedures.
When acting for corporate clients it is important to have an understanding of how the migration requirements of the client may have an impact on other areas of the business.
To read the Migration agents Registration Authority (MARA) Code of Conduct, please, click here